1. In the Email tab, configure your SMTP Server.
2. On the Two-Factor tab, select Email as your 2FA mode.
3. Once the SMTP server is configured click on Save. A window will pop up warning you to configure your User.
2FA Email warning message
4. In the Devolutions Server Console click on Users to configure the email account for each 2FA users.
Devolutions Password Server Console
5. Select the User to Edit and in the General tab enter the user's email address. If you have selected Required in the 2FA Usage you have completed all the steps as they will have to set up their own account when logging in for the first time. If you have selected Optional per User click on Configure to activate the 2FA for those users and continue with the following steps.
User Management dialog
6. Click on Change to choose the 2FA method.
2-Factor Configuration dialog
7. Select the Email 2FA mode, if you have selected more than one option when setting up the 2FA all the selected options will appear in the drop down menu. Once you have selected the 2FA type, click on Save.
8. The Email setup window will appear, select the option Configure later by user. Every time the User connects to the data source he will be prompted with the Validation email window, the user can then click on Send email validation code and an email containing the validation code will be sent. If after a few minutes you still haven't received the validation code please verify the SMTP settings as if one of the SMTP settings isn't correctly set up the email will never be sent and there will not be any error message. When receiving the validation code, enter it in the appropriate field and click on Save. Your user is now set up and ready to access the Devolutions Password Server data source.
Email Setup dialog